Common Auto Accident Injuries We Treat
Being involved in an auto accident can be life-changing. Even the most minor accidents can change your life. You may walk away feeling a little sore, and think you are fine. Then days, months, or even years later, pain and discomfort ensue. It can impact your life physically, mentally, and emotionally. Also, it may leave you unable to work or to do activities that you used to enjoy. It is vital to seek chiropractic care for injuries that may not show up on a hospital check-up after the event. And at Way of Life Wellness Center, our holistic chiropractor in Issaquah and Bellevue is here to help.
Common Problems with an Auto Accident Injury
You may notice some injuries immediately, while others may appear later. Some common auto accident injuries we treat are:
- Whiplash is caused by the violent and abrupt movement of the head and neck during a car crash. It can affect the head, neck, and shoulders. Patients often experience dizziness, weakness in the extremities, ringing ears, arm pain, stiffness, headaches, migraines, or visual problems.
- Slight, severe, or chronic back pain may occur immediately following an auto accident and can continue for weeks or longer. This type of pain is often debilitating.
- Another issue that we often see is disc herniation. Patients will present with severe back pain and numbness in the neck, back, and extremities.
- The impact of a car accident can result in misalignment, which affects many parts of the body that we don't often think about. Misalignment can cause pain not only in the back but also in the hips, legs, arms, feet, head, and neck. Accident victims may not associate the pain with the actual injury and go for years misdiagnosed. Way of Life Wellness Center can provide relief for pain, inflammation, and tension as your body goes through the healing process.
- Just because you do not feel any of these symptoms immediately after the accident doesn't mean you have not been injured. The best course of action is to see a holistic chiropractor. A chiropractor can make sure that all problem areas are covered.
We Can Help You Heal From Your Auto Accident Injury
At Way of Life Wellness Center, we believe in treating the body as a whole. Our goals include not only treating the problem but working with you to provide healing for a lifetime. We use multi-disciplinary, natural, and non-invasive methods to achieve these goals. Our office serves all of Issaquah and Bellevue. Call us today at 425-313-0433 to get started on your road to recovery and getting your life back.